Why is it important for people not to experience stirrings?
I think it is important for people not to experience stirrings because later on in their life everyone is assigned a partner for their unit. If the 10’s 11’s and 12’s start experience stirrings , when they grow up they will have feelings for another person but that person will already be assigned a unit which leads to jealousy which leads to rage which could lead to murders or even suicide . If the people do not experience stirrings none of this can happen .
Do you think this means no one has boyfriends or girlfriends ?
Yes, I think that the young ones go through life with moving through the years of their language learning, and then their first sign of independence, and then their volunteer hours, and then finally their assignment. They don’t really have time for a boyfriend or girlfriend and even if they did , they have no feelings for anybody because the pills take away their stirrings.
How does this make life different in the community?
Well to me it would seem like a black and white world because their is absolutely no feelings for anyone meaning their is no mutual love as a community or even a family and then their would also be no personal love which means their is no real families and nobody that actually cares for each-other.
“You are the colour to my black and white world” (a quote) These words fit perfectly with this book because they have no colour to their world and because their is no feelings there is no colour to the person itself as well .
kassie13 on chapter 16! post 7 :) Darsot on Chapter 22-23 Ahmad Hafsa on Chapter 19 mariah noble on chapter 15 :) kassie13 on Chapter 22-23
- English- rough copy of comparison writing.- include transition words and thesis 5 years ago
- 12.2 and 12.3 plotting ordered pairs in math //read nightly for literature circle novel study 6 years ago
- rough copy of Alien discovery Tabloid article by Wednesday- complete in google docs 6 years ago
- French- pict of CD or bring Ipod Health girls diet assignment 6 years ago
- Rough copy of newspaper article due by tomorrow. 6 years ago