I was selected to go to a conference, it was about world awareness. I have no clue how I am going to write about it. It was almost overwhelming, I learned so much about the world. The thing that stood out the most though, was the fact that some of them have no clue what the world around them looks like. By that, I mean the world as in no more than a foot away from them, so many people living in Africa simply can not see, and they aren’t provided with eye care as we are. An Optometrist who spoke at the conference, volenteered her time and took a trip to Africa with 5000 pairs of glasses. She traveled to examine eyes and prescribe eye glasses. When she got there she said she saw so many people all there waiting to get their eyes checked, and she did exactly that. Many were given glasses, some people were even drivers and drove for a livng, but still nearly blind ! (Now thats scary!) All the glasses were donated and used but not needed anymore , and without the help of the donations made by poeple living in North Ameirica none of what she did would have been possible! Now I challenge you, if you or someone you know has an old pair of glasses that you have replaced by a new pair, bring them in and we can be a part of helping people see. What if you lived your life not knowing what your mother looked like, what a tree, or a mountain, or your home looked like, because you had poor eye sight, and nothing to help it? Put yourself in their shoes, think about how horrible it would be and then do something about it! So, what will you do?
kassie13 on chapter 16! post 7 :) Darsot on Chapter 22-23 Ahmad Hafsa on Chapter 19 mariah noble on chapter 15 :) kassie13 on Chapter 22-23
- English- rough copy of comparison writing.- include transition words and thesis 5 years ago
- 12.2 and 12.3 plotting ordered pairs in math //read nightly for literature circle novel study 6 years ago
- rough copy of Alien discovery Tabloid article by Wednesday- complete in google docs 6 years ago
- French- pict of CD or bring Ipod Health girls diet assignment 6 years ago
- Rough copy of newspaper article due by tomorrow. 6 years ago